We are looking for an experienced Acquisition Manager to join our international team and make the travel world better together!
– Create a comprehensive strategy for accommodation suppliers acquisition that unifies the objectives of providing relevant inventory for the customers and matches ETG’s expectations in terms of financial components
– Consistently communicate the strategy to all stakeholders including the Demand Teams, the senior leadership team, and the company at large, obtain their buy-in, and ensure everyone is on the same page at all times
– Perform an aggregated market research of all existing accommodation suppliers (incl. available in XML Platforms, such as DerbySoft, XML Travelgate, etc.) and become the knowledge expert on the topic within the company
– Work together with analytics teams to establish processes to be able to clearly compare new and existing suppliers against each other
– Try to get market intelligence and other relevant data from accommodation suppliers and XML Platforms in order to understand our strong and weak spots in supply
– Create a system that helps prioritize the business development order with accommodation suppliers (which one to sign up first, etc.)
– Quantify the incremental value (a. # of unique hotels; b. r&a advantage; c. replacing inventory that is currently sold at poor margins) of each new supplier to get buy-in from the technical team to turn on
– Meet and launch new accommodation suppliers: first meeting, negotiation, legal, integration, and other internal processes
– Try to get the best possible financial terms: credit-deposit ratio, payment rules
– Sign SLAs with all the new suppliers
– Ensure that our mix of the accommodation suppliers that we sell is diversified, resilient and sustainable against sudden changes in consumer preferences; that our reliance on any individual accommodation supplier is limited; and that we anticipate how preferences change over time
– Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to distill complex concepts from many sources into simple vision that can be understood by a person with very limited background in the subject matter
– Fluent Greek and Advanced English (B2/C1). Can comfortably interact with foreign partners, read legal contracts and write formal business emails, notes and presentations
– Strong sales skills. Ability to sell people on working with us and our technological partner (in case of accommodation suppliers that is not connected to any of our current XML Platforms)
– Aggressive negotiation skills. Ability to push accommodation suppliers to give us better terms and commercials at start.
– Quantitative background and demonstrated analytical skills. Familiarity with Excel data presentation at strong level. Ability to analyze data holistically and conduct primary research.
- Team Player. Ability to work as part of the team, interact with other departments to achieve key objectives
- Good to have: travel industry experience
We Offer You