Financial Summary & Operating Metrics
- Gross booking value increased 46% year-over-year to $713mn.
- B2C booking accounted for 47% of the turnover share.
- Group’s B2C sites processed over 500,000 unique customers in 2018.
- Group’s B2B portfolio increased to more than 24,000 partners (travel agencies, tour operators, travel management companies (TMCs) and corporate clients)
- International brands (ZenHotels and RateHawk) revenue share increased by 88% compared to the previous year and contributed 32% of the Group’s total revenue (up from 17% in 2017).
- RateHawk’s turnover increased over 400% in 2018 vs 2017.
- In 2018 ZenHotels was localized into Spanish, Italian, French, Portuguese, and Polish languages.
- RateHawk launched in 21 new regions in 2018: France, Italy, UK, Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania, Slovenia, Croatia, Greece, Montenegro, Czechia, South Africa, Turkey, and Israel. The tool has been localized into French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and Polish languages.
- Ostrovok.ru brand has launched a strategic partnership with Aeroflot, Russia’s largest airline.
Felix Shpilman, CEO of Emerging Travel Group, commented: “Although 2018 was a challenging year for the travel industry, we are very happy with our growth and international expansion in both B2B and B2C lines of business. We launched in many new markets, found new partners, and continued to invest in technology. We hope to continue growing at a similar rate in 2019.”